Brown to Blonde ~ The Long Process

August 17, 2016


I have always been a natural blonde, rather dark but I still like to say I'm naturally blonde (even if my eyebrows are black). In Year 7 when I was about 11 years old I dyed my hair for the first time. I used John Frieda Precision Foam Colour in '10N Extra Light Natural Blonde'. Because this dye was in foam form it reassured Mum and she knew it wouldn't be too damaging to my hair and wasn't going to make it extremely bleach blonde. For over the years I used the same dye until I achieved my end result of being really light blonde and stuck to this colour until December 2015 when I took the risk of going darker.. When I say darker I mean really dark.

The past 8 months of being brunette has been fun I suppose, but you know what they say 'Blonde's have more fun'. As much as I love the colour and believe I do suit it it's just not me. I've always been known as Blondie, Barbie and the Dumb Blonde but being a completely different colour just doesn't feel the same.

I've plucked up the courage to finally bleach my hair. I went through the first stage of the bleaching process last night but because I did it myself I couldn't reach the back so of course my hair is still dark brown at the back. The rest is ginger but my roots are almost white, it's such a funny look. Just now my mum helped me through the second stage of the bleaching process using a Schwarzkopf Platinum Blonde that apparently lightens hair up to 8 shades.  Cue the neon orange look!

Once this has 'cooked' I will be putting another Platinum Blonde in my hair and just see how it goes from there.

I could just end up going back brunette...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images